Wednesday 6 November 2013

ABOUT GONE WITH THE WIND

When I first saw this film I was a teenager...I remember that the book I had on the bookshelves had some black and white pictures with some beautiful people who were trying to tell me the story of a story....
My curiosity made me want to read the book and see the film. I did both ..... and so I discovered Scarlett and Rhett ... and their love story.
This will be the first movie I will share on my first page dedicated to one of the most interesting stories I have seen.....

Gone with the Wind is a 1939 American historical romance film adapted from Margaret Mitchell's Pulitzer winning novel "Gone with the wind". It is produced by David O Selznik. The action is set in the 19th-century American South, the film recounts the story of Scarlett O'Hara, played by Vivien Leigh, a British actress, and her romantic pursuit of Ashley Wilkes played by Leslie Howard who is in loved and married to his cousin, Melanie Hamilton played by Olivia de Havilland. After two marriages of convenience, the first done in anger and jealousy, the second done in need of money and social status, she finally married the only man who was near her, and who was able to accept her as she was and to understand her. Her evolution from a young spoiled brat to a strong spoiled woman in search of self discovery and love, makes her one of the biggest female characters of all times.
Looking back to what happened to her life when she had to grow up too fast, we can say that even those who despise her start to feel love and sympathy by the end of the movie. Indeed, she is a strong woman who struggles to adapt to a new era in which everything a person had known was definitely changed and destroyed. It makes you wander how you would react in a similar situation.
Set against the backdrop of the American Civil War and reconstruction Era, the story is told from the perspective of white Southerners. 

No comments:

Post a Comment